Ex Nihilo Changelog v0.1.0
[v0.1.0] - 2022-08-09
- External 2D camera module for future reuse
- Debug chunk position rendering thanks to Ryan’s new font rendering
- Begun implementing wood that catches fire (first step is smoke)
- Begun smoke implementation (figure 1)
- Ported to new version of Telescope - now using Ryan’s private code depo for the repository. Public GitHub repo is dead for now (and will stay dead until I’ve got a major version to show off).
- Performance optimisations for chunk rendering - a max zoom out has been set properly. (learnt how to properly profile performance with VS)
- Option to enable / disable the infinite canvas for testing purposes
- Proper working directory is now being used for chunk saves (instead of just a folder at the root called /balls lmao)
- Begun switching the PixelType’s and Attributes over to a table in MetaDesk
- Various bugs that stumped me and annoyed the shit out of me all week, fuck you C buffer overruns, and fuck me for not checking them beforehand with Asserts, lesson learnt (again).
Sun - 0 mins Mon - 0 mins Tues - 30 mins Wed - 50 mins Thurs - 3hrs 28 mins Fri - 2hrs 30 mins Sat - 4hrs 51 mins
The 100 hour work week - I’m coming for yo ass.
I’m no longer going to be putting this project on Steam - because it’s a tech demo, not an actual game.
My priority here isn’t getting it in the hands of other people - it’s taking what I currently have and tying it up neatly into a module that my future self can look back on and easily extend.
I’m aiming to have this complete by the 21st of this month.